Destination: Paljorling, Tashiling and Tashi Palkhiel Tibetan Settlement.
Departure: 09:00 a.m. We provide pick up and drop services from and to your hotel.
Return: Around 5 or 6 p.m.
NOTICE: NOTICE: Since Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, our Tibetan schools, kindergarten and carpet workshop are closed but our carpet showroom will be open. On Sunday, our Tibetan health clinic is closed due to their weekend therefore we can’t meet our Tibetan doctor.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn about basic knowledge of Tibetan medicine and it’s treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thukpa in a Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.
- Visit a small noodle workshop and see how Tibetans make their favourite noodles.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Visit the monastery and attend their group pooja in the evening (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc use during the prayer.
- Enjoy evening tea in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan food, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.